Friday, January 25, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

1-25-13

Praise is on my lips flowing from my heart, oh God,  as I continually realize (and re-realize!) that You care about the tiniest matters that matter to me, and of course the big ones as well. Thank You for opening paths that I needed to see open; thank You for replacing things that were broken; thank You  for re-connecting some dangling participles; thank You for imparting Your Assurance so profoundly to me, giving me a true measure of patience. As I live in Christ and He in me by Your Holy Spirit, I trust You more and more with my every care and prayer, known and unknown. I feel You enfold me as I start each day and come under Your sheltering wings. I do believe I hear You speak to my heart, saying, "Go forth, dear one, and let Me shine through your your brokenness." Broken cisterns are we, Lord, healed by Your Grace to bring comfort to others suffering the same affliction. I ask You to shine forth Your Lovely Light, oh God, through this little jar of clay. 

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:1).

This painting by Claudia Wood Rahm is called A Light Shines in the Darkness. See more of her work on Facebook at CWR Color Unchained.

No comments:

Post a Comment