Monday, January 14, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


1-14-13

In the secret place, I start each day with You, LORD, but no one sees. Well, two see, I guess, but not in an "out loud" way. I do bring the suggestion of Quiet Time First to others, and some take it up, but it seems rare that the discipline to "takes"  for the long haul. I hear Lily Tomlin saying once, "We're all in this alone."  And I agree, LORD, but I'm in it with You, and so I am alone together! And there are those to whom I am divinely connected, Your gifts of fellowship in Christ, and together we are carrying You, wherever we go, whether out loud or not. Thank You for the Light of Christ which I carry in me wherever I go. Therefore it is true that You go where I go, and vice versa. Thank You, Lord!

Behold I AM with you and will keep you wherever you go (Genesis 27:15).

This painting by Claudia Wood Rahm is called Night School and it reminds me that, in Christ, we are fishers of men. Claudia has a new Facebook page at CWR Color Unchained, which I encourage you to visit. Her work really resonates with me -- that's why I post so much of it in my blogs. Have a look, and if you're near Torrington Connecticut this month, go see her current exhibit -- she is Citizen Artist for the month of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment