Friday, July 10, 2015

Today's Question





HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE BORN-AGAIN?

I do not want to be among the many who, we are told, will one day say “Lord, Lord” but to whom Jesus will reply, “I never knew ye.”  That scripture is frightening to me, because I know that DENIAL stands for "Don't Even kNow I Am Lying."

My question is this: how do I know I know Him and not just about Him? How can I trust that I am a born-again Christian? And answer, at least today, is that I can tell by the fruit. I now have Fullness of Life! It starts with how eagerly I start each day with Step Eleven, which do diligently and with great gratitude. It may sound presumptuous, but I now know it is Biblical to say that I am obtaining the Mind of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:16). I now have a relationship with the Maker of the Universe that is up close and personal. That is real and interactive. That has produced EVIDENCE He for me, not against me. That has led to others with whom it is safe to ask questions like this one -- and invite discussion, differing viewpoints, honest conversation. So today's question:


How do you know that you are born-again?


This photograph is from a Facebook page called 3dfirstaid visual architecture

No comments:

Post a Comment