Friday, July 3, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)




For me, recovery means I knowing am powerless (Step 1) and, because God has given me so much evidence, knowing also that He is The Highest Power (Step 2). That makes it a whole lot easier to Let Go and Let God (Step 3) and to sweep this ”temple” daily (Steps 4-10) so that His Light can lead me (Step 11) to be salt and light on the earth. All this aligns with Christ's commission to Go and make disciples (Step 12).

Step One John 15:5
Step Two Galatians 2:20

Step Three John 3:30

Steps Four-Ten
 Matthew 12:43-45

Step Eleven Romans 12:1-2

Step Twelve Matthew 28:19

In short, my recovery turned out to be Christ-centered, though it was not at first. Thus my present purpose seems to be encouraging us to surrender -- not just any old Higher Power (of whom there are many according to the Bible), but to God Most High, the God above all gods -- to proclaim that it DOES matter to whom we surrender.., that our safety, freedom and JOY is found in Christ alone -- literally and forever. What think you about Christ-centered recovery?
This photograph is by Eric Jonas Swensson of Sound Shore Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment