Saturday, June 27, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)




THE QUESTION CORNER

In the matter of applying God's Word to my real life, here’s an example of the kind of questions I am asking myself (and God and others) at this time in our nation. I feel gratitude for the saints of Charleston, who chose radical LOVE over divisiveness and hate -- and for the Sea Change that has everyone pulling down the Confederate flag -- finally -- for that flag was symbolic and being flown in high places. However, I am shocked by suggestions to remove all sorts of other things -- such as statues. It is one thing to take down an antiquated former flag; it is another to erase history. So my questions are: where does this stop? Would we remove the Holocaust Museum? Are we not supposed to LEARN from history?

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment