Monday, June 22, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)



THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMED

I am one of God's forgiven, a lamb of the Lamb of God, a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. This is Biblical, of course, but I love what a "mere man" named Smith Wigglesworth once wrote about it -- in fact,  he coined the phrase that so sings to my heart: "the fellowship of the unashamed." I share it here because it helps me hear. Him. Be held. Behold. Maybe his words will encourage another sister this morning, another forgiven sinner, another in the fellowship of the unashamed:

I am a disciple of Christ. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low-living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, lamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. 

No longer do I need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits., or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith in Christ, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift in prayer, and walk by His Power.

I am a disciple of Christ who cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the face of adversity, negotiate at the table of an enemy. I will neither ponder at the pool of popularity nor meander in the maze of mediocrity.

There's more -- much more that he wrote than this, but isn't it encouraging? Strengthening? Ii is for me, especially as I surrender to His Power this morning. For me, this is Step Eleven right in my face. It really helps me -- anyone else?!?!

The painting by Veronica Benning is called Bird of Paradise and shows what it must look like when Christ sets someone free.





No comments:

Post a Comment