Thursday, June 11, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)



LAMB OF GOD

I am starting to appreciate what it means to have Jesus as my personal Savior, my Shepherd, my Lord; that it is not an abstract God whirring around anonymously, but a manifestation of the creative force Who made me and knows me very well.

Today, I see Jesus as having been given all the keys, the keys to five billion people, and He has given the key to me, the key that unlocks the door to Life.

I can see that He has been trying to unlock me for years, and in the most custom-tailored ways. I don’t think it’s an accident, for example, that the first song I learned on the guitar was Wynken, Blynken, and Nod -- a child’s song.

The gifts He gave first were music and dogs, through which I tasted unconditional love and heard the language of God. Then came Hans Kuhn, whose book, entitled  On Christianity nailed my long-held opinions to the Cross. Then came two friends who suggested the rooms of recovery. Then came the Twelve Steps, which taught me I am powerless but He is not. And now I have a close personal relationship with Jesus, the Maker of the Universe, who is suddenly my best friend although He’s been there all along.

Jesus the sacrificial lamb -- the Lamb of God. Jesus, whose death saves me from death, whose blood marks me as it did the first-born sons of Israel in the days of Moses and the first Passover.

Oh Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world. Thank You for lifting the scales from my eyes! Thank You for turning the key that unlocked my heart. Thank You for letting me hear Your song. And thank You for making me willing to sing it today and every day for the rest of my life and then, forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment