Thursday, May 7, 2015

Recovery in the BIble (RIB)


DAVID AND GOLIATH (AGAIN)

I am very encouraged by my Old Testament reading about the giant Goliath of Gath, who so symbolizes every Opposition that comes against us. May we be like the the boy David, who  put his hand in his shepherd's bag and took out one of the five smooth stones he had gathered, and SLUNG one of them at the approaching, bellowing, bellicose giant.  By God's grace, the stone hit Goliath and sank into his forehead and caused him to fall, thundering, down to the earth. 

May we, like the young shepherd boy, stand strong before any Opposition we face and remember that the battle belongs to the Lord, Who does not save with sword and spear but has delivered us from various trials in the past. We have evidence from our past --- evidence like David, who remembered his evidence, even as the giant lumbered toward him across the field. David remembered that God had delivered him from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, and he knew the LORD would also deliver him from the hand of the terrifying champion Goliath of Gath. 

May we, like David, stand before our enemy, surrendering ourselves to God's Power. May we find ourselves standing over the fallen enemy to take from his sheath his very own sword to kill him and cut off his head. My program of recovery has encouraged me to record all such victories in a Gratitude List, lest I forget all that the Lord has done. My Gratitude List helps me remember the evidence from my past which I tend to forget in moments of pure terror. My list of Past miracles equips me in the Present. It is a present!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment