Monday, May 25, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


GOD IS NOT A RELIGION

I once had a dream about my circulatory system, seeing it as full of holes that were spilling blood as it went coursing through my body. I could see that the leaks were depleting the flow. In my dream, God told me it was a picture of what it means to be holey.

Then He started sealing up the holes, removing obstacles and clogs, healing the impediments to His full flow in me, through me, from me. He said that's how He makes us whole - entirely whole -- wholly.

Last in the dream was my body transformed into a Pipe Organ, like the ones in church buildings and cathedrals all over the world. This is what He is doing by HIs Holy Spirit within us: transforming us from holey to wholly to holy.

God is a punster? With me, He is -- often. I found this particular "play on words" downright  hilarious. But also helpful. It really clarifies my daily sacrifice of this vessel to be His instrument, played by God anyway He wants.

It made me laugh out loud! Are you laughing, too?

This photograph was posted recently on Facebook by Eric Jonas Swensson.



No comments:

Post a Comment