Monday, May 18, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)



FUELED BY HIGH POWER


Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about a bumper sticker I used to see a lot that read as follows:

This vehicle is fueled by Higher Power.

Ideas seems to stick best in my mind when I imagine word pictures. That bumper sticker gave me a CAR image that really works for me. I imagine  taking my car to the gas station, and filling the tank with gasoline. What if I filled it up with air instead?

I attend Twelve-Step meetings because this “vehicle” -- this earthsuit I inhabit (!) -- has proven to run best  on when fueled by Higher Power. When I go to meetings where Divine Interventions are shared, I leave feeling filled up and good to go! 

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment