Friday, May 1, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)



THE INTERSECTION

A clarity came to  me this morning as I considered the coordinates of the Cross: the vertical, the horizontal... the most important intersection we encounter in this life.

  • Before me was the First Commandment, vertical, as the first and foremost thing: the Direct Connect from me to Him.
  • Then came the Second Commandment, horizontal, the second thing: Divine Connections imparted to me by Him.


It is so simple, so elegant, if only I follow. I have a brother in Christ named David Bolton, who has said,"It is profoundly simple -- and simply profound." No wonder Christ urged us, who are so weary and heavy-laden, to come daily to the Cross. He is that place, that convergence, that intersection through Whom we enter Relationship and Relationships, not religion, and come into The Fullness of Life. 

This photograph is by Eric Jonas Swensson of Sound Shore Media.



No comments:

Post a Comment