Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


FOLLOW MEANS FOLLOW

I am puzzled by something in Joshua 6 regarding the march around Jericho. I thought the angelic Commander said to Joshua that for six days (of seven) the priests were to BEAR seven trumpets, but on the seventh day, they were to BLOW the trumpets, ending with a long blast signaling the time to shout a great shout (Joshua 6:3-5). 

This  appears not to be the instruction that they followed, so maybe something is wring with my translation. Or my interpreation. We just read that Moses was not allowed to enter The Promised Land because he struck the rock instead of speaking to it. Another place that puzzles me is when Isaiah foretelsl the birth of Christ, saying He will be named Emmanuel (Isaiah 7:15 and 8:8) but then they name Him Jesus (Matthew 1:23).

I am not a Bible scholar by any means, and I know not other way to ask such questions other than to simply say"

WHAT THINK YOU?!?!

This photograph is by Sandy Haverson.



No comments:

Post a Comment