Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


WHERE THE STEPS LEAD

For me, the Twelve Steps lead me daily into crucifixion followed by daily resurrection, the emptying of myself, the dying of myself paradoxically producing Risen Life in Him and by Him in me. Such incredible Lightness of Being in this simple path of following the Twelve Steps each day. I LOVE the relationship with my Maker into which they have led me -- and lead me each day.

Thank you, Jesus, for Twelve-Step Recovery -- a great Gift of God, through which I have leaned that You did not come to found a religion. You came to bring us into Your arms, into Your embrace, into Your Body -- and to enter ours. Thank You for this mutual abiding, this impartation, this Blessed Assurance, this Amazing Grace!

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.


No comments:

Post a Comment