Saturday, April 4, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)



EVIDENCE FROM MY PAST

Humility has come to me by gazing UP when all I feel is powerless. despair. Step One has taught me that God often walks into my life right there -- through a Gift Of Desperation. I have learned that, when my circumstances bring me low, my wisest attitude is the choice to descend, utterly -- to give up, to surrender, to entrust it all to God. The irony is God that, by letting go of my own wits and ways, God's wisdom and walk right it and set right down. I have proof from my own little life that  triumph comes from defeat (2 Corinthians 12:7-9), that honor comes from shame (Philippians 2:5-11), that life eternal springs from death of self (John 12:24-25). For me, wisdom is the path that starts with crucifixion (Step One) and ends with New Life (Step Twelve). Who knew that daily dying and daily resurrection could give me such a gratifying life?!?!

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment