Friday, April 24, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


ORGANIC,  NOT ORGANIZED

In meetings of recovery, I heard honesty for the first time in my well-defended life.  I heard people sharing their "dirty laundry" and saw them hanging it out on the line for al to see, clean and bright because of God did with it, drying in the fresh Wind. Through their brokenness, I heard and saw His Light pouring. It accumulated in me as Trust in Him -- in Him alone.

Thanks to recovery, all my religious upbringing was transformed from a noun into a verb: a daily walk with the Maker of the Universe. I learned to start my days quietly, sitting His Presence and listening to His heart. I learned more about Him and what He considers the best ways to live. I learned to cling to His Hand and let Him lead me through the hurly-burly of each day.

And He connected me to others, believers who know Him personally and are willing to share their dirty laundry. Together we assemble in tiny groups, knowing that, where two or three are gathered in His Name, there He is in the midst. We gather regularly, under His Headship, as Living Stones in His Body (theTemple not made by human hands). We call these RIB groups, which stands for Recovery in the Bible. We meet to engage in honest conversation about the Word of God. As women believers, we help each other seek and find His will -- and apply it to our own everyday, ordinary lives.

I don't know how I found so many Divine Connections. I can only thank Him for organically connecting us, one to another, to offer encouragement to anyone seeking His Will and His Power to follow. Christ came, not to birth a religion, but to bring us into close personal relationship with Him.Thus, I am finally walking in a Way I never knew when I was sitting in pews, looking at the backs of other people's heads and listening to a prepared sermon. Now I go where there is interaction around the Word Writ, led by the Word Himself And I am grateful to say that these organic meetings lead me daily to walk in Fullness of Life.

Anyone else?

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment