Monday, April 20, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


A DIRECT CONNECT

Recovery led me to improve my conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry it out. Quiet Time became my first thing first approximately 25 years ago and morphed from reading Al-Anon literature into reading the Bible in 1991. So, for past 23 years, I have opening the Word Writ, which, in turn, has transformed my mind. I believe that, by reading it daily, I am obtaining the Mind of Christ.

To many, this sounds presumptuous. "Who am I to know the mind of God?" some say. I am no longer one of these. He opens the conversation for me every day. He feeds me the Bread of Life by hand, and I swallow it gladly, and I digest it. He also gives me sips of Living Water, so I neither hunger nor thirst.

Personal relationship with the Maker of the Universe? It sounds presumptuous to human minds and hearts. But to God Most High, it is the sound of surrender and music to His ears.

I recently shared this photo by Jo Chaney, and I share it again today because it so captures 
what I am trying to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment