Friday, April 17, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


FOLLOW MEANS FOLLOW

I testify this day that if it were easy, everyone would do this! There is a cost for discipleship. It is never pleasant to be standing before a bellowing, bellicose Goliath. My knees are knocking every time t it happens, but at least now I know to turn my "dial" away from all the static into the higher frequencies where all is still and clear and calm. Recovery taught me how to fly straight through the "hurricane" toward Him Who Is The Center, like the eye of the storm.

Today I clearly hear Him saying, There are many plans in a man's heart; nevertheless, the LORD's counsel -- that will stand (Proverbs 19:21). I know that He first spoke to me in 1998 a message that He desires us, His people, to get real with Him, with ourselves, and with each other. 

It has taken me seventeen years to see that everything I have been doing for seventeen years is related to carrying that message. by being real with myself and others as He directs. He has led me into ways  to "get real" singing His praises and to "get real" telling of His works. Now I see that all my various, disparate efforts over these years are being brought together. He is beckoning me into a gate that He has opened wide. And He is smiling!

He is glorified as we, each of us, follow Him into His purpose for each of us. May His Will for us prevail!

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.




No comments:

Post a Comment