Saturday, April 11, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)

GETTING REAL WITH GOD AND WITH EACH OTHER

I have had to extricate myself from some toxic situations and people, but I was reluctant to so until the LORD simply threw open the gate and, laughing in the light, beckoned me to simply LEAVE a poisoned pasture and come into His luscious, green, perfectly tended one. It took me awhile before I could comprehend that He truly was beckoning to me. And when I finally obeyed, I found myself completely safe, joyous, and free.
What I learned is that I cannot safely be with people who SAY one thing but DO another. It is perfectly safe for me to come alongside those who know their need for salvation -- the poor, the hungry, the gluttons and the winebibbers. He has made a disciple out of me and has asked me to concentrate now on bringing His Bread of Life and HIs Living Water tho those who hunger and thirst for His righteousness.
He has given me a message to carry, my Step Twelve! I am to carry this message: God wants us to get REAL with Him, with ourselves, and with each other. How? By gathering in ways that are interactive and intimate, like family -- in circles, not in rows -- in Him and under His Headship. He will speak through us to one another -- if we will let Him.
Will we?
This photograph is by Read McKendree.

No comments:

Post a Comment