Sunday, March 15, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


STEP FIVE

For me, recovery is about getting real with God, with myself, and with other believers. It's a daily Step Five: admitting to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

In small groups that are safe, a few of us women meet (1) to share what we are learning and hearing from God and (2) to speak truth in love with one another. We call these groups Recovery in the Bible (RIB) for Women. When we gather with our husbands, it's The Church of the Living Room (COTLR). It's how the Early Church met -- and thrived -- and flourished.

As I meet with Him daily, first thing in the morning, I listen and learn and apply His WORD Writ as I go along. It is a tremendous gift that He has connected me divinely to others who are doing the same thing. In a RIB group, we gather in Him and under His Headship to get real with Him with ourselves, and with each other. We encourage and edify one another, engaging in honest conversation around the WORD of GOD. In recovery, we call it a Step Five. 

I believe Christ would call the New Wineskin. What think you?

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment