Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)


SLOGAN: IT'S EASY WHEN IT'S EASY; IT'S HARD WHEN IT'S HARD!

For 24 hours that was completed last night, I was utterly useless: to dizzy to drink water, to weak to hold a book open, taking a nap after a taking  few steps. Today it's a whole new day, and I realize, with gratitude, that my physical trials of the past 24 hours have heightened my appreciation for wellness. Without it, even the "basics" of life were burdensome. 

It's  a whole new day with my wellness restored! And compared to the preceding hours, it's like Day instead of Deep, Dark Night. And I suddenly remembered I have learned this slogan before: that when life that goes along smoothly, it goes along smoothly. But when you feel horrible, you feel horrible, and every hour seems to take 1,000 years.

Today I am grateful that this "vessel" is restored to wellness and well-being. And I thank the LORD. May this increased appreciation and perspective be to HIs glory, not to my own. And may I sing His praises with my little life all the day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment