Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Recovery in the Bible (RIB)




Recovery is a VERB. For me, working is more like actually walking through them. I start with Step One. My First Thing First  is Quiet Time i which I show up, shut up, and  listen. Opening the BIble seems key to my hearing ability. It's downright weird how Scripture seems to meet me right where I am each morning. And all I've done is walked onto Step One, bringing my living sacrifice (me) as emptied of self as I can be. 

Does this sound crazy? I'm saying that it's a verb, and that this daily crucifixion leads to daily resurrection.  Before I discovered into this is a VERB of a program, I had never known the up-close-and-personal meaning of Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. Now I practically live by Galatians 2:20, Romans 12:1-2, and Proverbs 3:5-6. 

Crucifixion is leading me into Resurrection every day of my life. Before I walked into this VERB of a program, I had never even known this was possible.  Anybody else? Feedback always welcome, never required.


This photograph is by Pamela Chandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment