Thursday, November 27, 2014

Love Notes


Based on 1 Peter 3:15, Ezekiel 45-46, Psalm 135:1-7, Proverbs 29:8.

LORD, I hear You saying I am not to be silenced by Political Correctness or people-pleasing, but to simply recognize that, having done all I can do, I have now done all I can do. Many seeds have been sown, and You say, "It is enough. I will water, and I will reap the harvest."

For I know that You are LORD above all gods. You opened the gate into the holy section, and You who is the Entrance. We follow You through the gate, and after You go out, the gate is shut. We are grateful to stand in You, our LORD, thanking GOD and singing praises to Your name. We are no longer scoffers but wise, of one mind, having compassion for one another and love s brothers and sisters in Christ. By Your Holy Spirit indwelling and increasing is us, we are tenderhearted and courteous, not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling but, on the contrary, blessed in the knowledge that we are called to inherit blessing. 

Your eyes, LORD, are upon those You have made righteous, and Your ears are open to our prayerful cries. We ourselves have not accomplished this righteousness; we are covered by Yours. You suffered for us and all mankind, and went through the gate into heaven where You are seated at the right hand of GOD. Angels and authorities and powers have been made subject to You, our Prince, our Tender Shepherd. In You, we are set apart in that holy section, covered by the blood of Your voluntary sacrifice, Your offering in our behalf, given freely.

Therefore we are not afraid with any terror, simply being heirs together of the grace of life, blessed even when we suffer for the sake of righteousness.You also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that You might bring us to GOD, being out to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit. It is the same for us who live in You, and You in us. Because of You, our Savior and LORD, and by Your example, we know it is better to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 

Thus we die daily in order that You may live in us. Christ lives in me! And in all who have received Him. THank You, Jesus, for   You have become not only my salvation, but also the source of my little life. I offer this vessel to You, LORD, gladly surrendering to Your Power tis day and every day. Every day is Thanksgiving! And Christmas! And Good Friday! An Resurrection Sunday! Every day is, for me, a living sacrifice until at last I come into Your fullness of life in heaven forever and ever -- amen! Until then, I pray in faith, believing that You are LORD above all gods and trusting You to open the gate and provide Entrance before thre gate is shut.

This photograph is by Charlie Burnell.



No comments:

Post a Comment