Thursday, November 20, 2014

Love Notes


Based on James 1:1-27.

Etchings. Patience. Persevere in prayer. For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

LORD, it was Your will that brought me forth by Your word of truth that I might be a first fruit of your creatures. Therefore I receive with meekness Your implanted world which is able to save souls. I will be neither double-minded nor doubting not tempted by deceit or by deceivers. I declare my commitment to ask You, GOD, for all the guidance I need in life, knowing now that Your wisdom applies to every detail, large or as small as a speck. 

Thank You for proving to me, through evidence You have provided so vividly in the past, that You give wisdom liberally and without reproach. I will continue to ask in faith, believing that You are able and eager to impart Your wisdom as I diligently seek it, praying only for knowledge of Your will for me -- and for  the power of Your Holy Spirit  to carry it out.

Thus I daily march around this tall, thick fortress envisioning my prayers to be like ivy crawling up the stone-cold walls of Jericho, etching into the thickness and the hardness until the time we SHOUT and the walls will crumble down. And so I hear You say again:

Etchings. Patience. Persevere in prayer. For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment