Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Regarding Surrender


Based on Galatians 2:20 and 2 Corinthians 6:1

Galatians 2:20 is so encouraging because it declares that I have been freed in Christ, crucified to live in faith and by faith in Him who lives me and gave Himself for me -- for each us us, all of us... for us!

Thank You, Father, for revealing that there are brethren who unwittingly spy out the liberty which we have in Christ Jesus that they might bring us into bondage. Thank You for strengthening us with Your compassion and Your conviction to refuse to yield to them, recognizing that we must never submit to their different gospel, even for an hour, in order that Your Gospel truth might continue.

Thank You that, through the law, I died to the law that I might live in You, O God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is not longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the live I live in the flesh, I live by faith in Your Son, O God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Forgive us for entertaining, even for an hour, doctrines that declare a different gospel! Thank You for strengthening us by Your Grace, O God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain. THank to You, I do not (and will not) take Christ in vain.

We then, as workers together with You, beseech others not to receive Your Grace in vain. For God, You say by the victory of Jesus, the Christ, Your Son, we are now received as Your sons and daughters, Your people, Your church. Therefore we present ourselves to You this day, as every day, disciplined by disillusionment in the efforts of men. Thank You for leading us into quiet time, centering on You and seeking Your counsel, following You wherever You may lead at such a time as this.
This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment