Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008




You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13).  And Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet, and no one shall make him afraid (Jeremiah 30:10).  

Your affliction is incurable; your wound is severe (Jeremiah 30:12).  Your sorrow is incurable because of the multitude of your iniquities.  Because your sins have increased I have done these things to you (Jeremiah 30:15).  

But I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord, because they called you an outcast, saying, “This is Zion; no one seeks her.”  Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving, and I will punish all who oppress them.  And you shall be My people and I shall be Your God (Jeremiah 30:17-22).

Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way.  Establish Your word to Your servant who is devoted to fearing You (Psalm 119:37-38).

Lord, I trust in Your word.  I seek Your precepts.  I will delight myself in Your commandments, which I love.  And I will meditate on Your statutes (Psalm 119:41-48).

A true son has a pure heart and longsuffering as a pattern by the grace of God (1 Timothy 1:1-20). 

Behold, the days are coming says the Lord when I will make a new covenant, not according to the covenant which they broke.  I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  They shall all know Me (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

They have done nothing of all You commanded them to do; therefore You have caused all this calamity to come upon them (Jeremiah 32:23).

And they have turned to Me the back and not the face; though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not listened to receive instruction, but they have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name (Jeremiah 32:33-34).

They shall be My people, and I shall be their God; then I will give them one heart and one way that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them.  I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me (Jeremiah 32:39-40).

God our savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:3-4), but there is a kind who is always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth (2 Timothy  3:7).

Behold I will give this city into the hand of the king of Babylon and he shall burn it with fire (Jeremiah 34:2).

I thought about my ways and turned my feet to Your testimonies.  I am the companion of all who fear You and of those who keep Your precepts (Psalm 119:59,63).

Behold I will bring on Judah and on all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the doom that I have pronounced against them; because I have spoken to them but they have not heard and I have called to them but they have not answered (Jeremiah 35:17).

Take a scroll of a book and write on it all the words that I have spoken to you against Israel.  It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the adversity which I purpose to bring upon them, that everyone may turn from his evil way, that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin (Jeremiah 36:1-3).

Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments.  Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep Your word (Psalm 119:66-67).

The proud have forged a lie against me, but I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.  Their heart is as fat as grease, but I delight in Your law (Psalm 119:69-70).  Let the proud be ashamed, for they treated me wrongfully with falsehood (Psalm 119:78).

Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them that your progress may be evident to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

Desolation because of their wickedness in that they went to serve other gods (Jeremiah 44:2-3).

They have not been humbled to this day, nor have they feared; they have not walked in My law or in My statutes that I set before you and your fathers (Jeremiah 44:10).  Because he exalted himself against the Lord, Moab shall wallow in his vomit (Jeremiah 48:26).  We [the Triune God] have heard the pride of Moab (he is exceedingly proud), of his loftiness and arrogance and pride and of the haughtiness of his heart (Jeremiah 48:29).

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment