Monday, August 25, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Job 42:1-3
I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. You asked, “Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?” Therefore, I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.

Sin is not man’s problem but God’s. God has taken the problem of sin into His own hands and solved it, and the proof that He has is the cross of Calvary….The New Testament revelation is that now I am saved by God’s grace, I must allow God In me to work on that basis and keep flowing myself clean. The essential truth of Christianity is that I can “wash my robes and makes them clean in the blood of the Lamb.” That is the exposition of the Redemption in actual experience. Are we thinking along this line, or on the pagan line that claims the basis of things is rational, leaving out God and Jesus Christ and the Redemption altogether.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 237 (8/25)
From Baffled to Fight Better

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment