Thursday, August 21, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Job 33:12-13
Look, in this you are not righteous; I will answer you, for God is greater than man. Why do you contend with Him? For He does not give an accounting of any of His words.

The submission of faith is that I do know the character of the Power and that His character is worthy. I submit to the One whose character I know, but whose ways are obscured in mystery just now.

We do know the character of God if we are Christians because we have it revealed to us in Jesus Christ [His Body, His Word, His Spirit]. Therefore, we know that the character of God is noble and true and right, and that any authority from God is based, not on autocracy or mere blind power, but on worthiness which everything in me recognizes as worthy; therefore, I submit.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 233 (8/21)
From Baffled to Fight Better

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment