Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Job 23:3-4
Oh, that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come to His seat! I would present my case before Him and fill my mouth with arguments.

We must get hold of the great souls, those who have been hard hit and have gone to the basis of things….It is our LORD Himself, and men like Job in the Old Testament and Paul in the New, who give us the indication of where we are to look for the foundation of our faith when it is being shaken. [Ed: Job’s position was that both the righteous and the wicked suffer. His disputers believed that only the wicked suffer and the righteous only prosper. The Book of Job is a lot about hope in the midst inevitable tribulations and all trials].

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 228 (8/16)
From Baffled to Fight Better

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment