Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gathering in Christ




Job 19:6-7
Know then that God has wronged me and has surrounded me with His net. If I cry out concerning wrong, I am not heard. If I cry aloud, there is no justice.

There is no reasonable hope for countless lives… and it is shallow nonsense to tell them to “cheer up.” Life to them is a hell of darkness of the most appalling order. The one who preaches at such a time is an impertinence. But the one who says,” I don’t know why you are going through this, it is black and desperate, but I will wait with you” is an unspeakable benediction and sustaining. Job has no one to do this for Him, his one-time friends simply add to his bitterness; they too have been hit along the line of their creed, and they are indignant and talk only on the religious line.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 226 (8/14)
From Baffled to Fight Better

This photograph is by Pamela Chandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment