Friday, July 18, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the LORD Jesus to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

…Paul was absolutely indifferent to any other consideration than that of fulfilling the ministry he had received….He never stayed in  a place because He had been of use there (Mark 1:37-38). Beware of the sweet sisters and beloved brothers who say to you, “Now do consider whether you will not be of more use here than anywhere else.” Probably you will, and in the passing of the months, you will become moldy bread instead of eating bread. We have nothing to do with God’s purpose, but only with the sacrament of God in us, that is, the real presence of God coming through the common elements of our lives (John 7:37-39). The measure of our service for God is not our usefulness to others. We have nothing to do with the estimate of others, nor with success in service; we have to see that we fulfill our ministry.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 199 (7/18)
From Bringing Sons to Glory

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment