Friday, June 27, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.” So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always, honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome. Here's some of what I got from Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Psalms at the time:
  
God dwells in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the contrite ones (Isaiah 57:15).  I have seen his ways and will heal him; I will also lead him and restore comforts to him and to his mourners (Isaiah 57:18).  The wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest.  There is no peace for the wicked (Isaiah 57:20-21). They trust in lying words (Jeremiah 7:8).

Whitney, lift up your voice like a trumpet (Isaiah 58:1). My fury will be poured out on this place (Jeremiah 7:20). Tell them thus says the Lord, “Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.” Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts and went backward and not forward (Jeremiah 7:23-24). I have even sent you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them. Yet they did not obey Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers (Jeremiah 7:25-26). So you shall say to them, “This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the Lord their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.” They have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name to pollute it (Jeremiah 7:30).

They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to return, saying, “What have I done!” Everyone turned to his own course. Even the stork in the heavens knows her appointed times, but My people do not know the judgment of the Lord (Jeremiah 8:5-7).  Everyone deals falsely, for they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, “Peace, peace when there is no peace” (Jeremiah 8:11).  Oh that My head were waters and my eyes a fountain of tears, for they are adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men. They are not valiant for truth on the earth, for they proceed from evil to evil, and they do not know Me, says the Lord (Jeremiah 9:1-3).

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment