Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



To The Arrogant Who Know Not What They Do (Continued)

Why do you spend money for what is not bread? Incline your ear, and come to Me; Hear, and your soul shall live (Isaiah 55:2-3). I the Lord said, “Here I am, here I am,” to a nation that was not called by My name. I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, according to their own thoughts; a people who provoke Me to anger continually to My face. You are those who forsake the Lord. Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, but you shall cry for sorrow of heart (Isaiah 65:2-14). Just as they have chosen their own ways and their soul delights in their abominations, so will I choose their delusions and bring fears on them because, when I called, no one answered; when I spoke, they did not hear, but they did evil before My eyes and chose that in which I do not delight (Isaiah 66:3-4).  The Lord will judge all flesh, and the slain of the Lord shall be many (Isaiah 66:16).  My people have exchanged their Glory for what does not profit. They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living water, and have hewn themselves cisterns – broken cisterns that can hold no water (Jeremiah 2:11-13).

Have you not brought this on yourself in that you have forsaken the Lord your God when He led you in the way? Your own wickedness will correct you and your backslidings will rebuke you. For though you wash yourself with lye, and use much soap, yet your iniquity is marked before Me, says the Lord God (Jeremiah 2:17-22).  As the thief is ashamed when he is found out, so is the house of Israel ashamed.  They and their kings and their priests and their prophets saying to a tree, “You are my father,” and to a stone, “You gave birth to me.” For they have turned their back to Me and not their face.  But in the time of trouble they will say, “Arise and save us.”  But where are your gods that you have made for yourselves? Let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your trouble (Jeremiah 2:26-28).

Oh generation, see the word of the Lord! My people have forgotten Me days without number (Jeremiah 31-32). I will plead My case against you because you say, “I have not sinned.” The Lord has rejected your trusted allies, and you will not prosper by them (Jeremiah 2:35-37). You refuse to be ashamed (Jeremiah 3:3).  And I said, “Return to Me,” but she did not return. Judah has not turned to Me with her whole heart, but in pretense,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 3:7-10). For My people are foolish; they have not known Me. They are silly children and they have no understanding.  They are wise to do evil, but to do good, they have no knowledge (Jeremiah 4:22).

Oh Lord, are not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, but they have not grieved; you have consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction; they have made their faces harder than rock; they have refused to return (Jeremiah 5:3).  They are foolish, for they do not know the ways of the Lord (Jeremiah 5:4). The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own power, and My people love to have it so.  But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:30-31).

“Behold, I will bring a nation against you from afar, oh house of Israel,” says the Lord.  “It is a mighty nation -- it is an ancient nation” (Jeremiah 5:15). Be instructed, oh [America], lest My soul depart from you, lest I make you desolate, a land not inhabited (Jeremiah 6:8).

Everyone deals falsely.  They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly saying, “Peace, peace” when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No!  They were not at all ashamed, nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall (Jeremiah 6:13-14). Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people – the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not heeded My words nor My law, but rejected it. [Therefore] your offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet to me (Jeremiah 6:19-20). They are stubborn rebels, walking as slanderers. People will call them rejected silver because the Lord has rejected them (Jeremiah 6:28-30).


This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment