Monday, June 16, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008




It is so important to put on the armor of God, and has proven to be the only way I can face down so many attacks.  Yesterday came a "hit" (a hard hit!) from a relative, who calls herself “tolerant.” 

She believes in celebrating differences, she says, but if I state what I believe, there ain't no  celebration. In fact, she asks me to zip it. She finds my belief unacceptable; she says it is intolerant. I am listening to her viewpoint – why won’t she listen to mine?  Through her, I am learning that some people can only  tolerate the idea that truth is relative. This so-called “tolerant” person has requested that I zip it when it comes to my belief  Okay, I will, but hers is an interesting definition of tolerance.
   
SCRIPTURES THAT ARE SCREAMING AT ME
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!  Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight… Their blossom will ascend like dust because they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 5:20-24).

For all this, His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.  He will lift up a banner to the nations from afar and will whistle to them from the end of the earth.  Surely they shall come with speed swiftly (Isaiah 5:26-26).  But yet a tenth will be in it and will return and be for consuming as a terebinth tree or s an oak whose stump remains when it is cut down.  So the holy seed shall be its stump (Isaiah 6:13).

For the Lord spoke thus to me with a strong hand and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people saying, “[Do not] be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.  The Lord of hosts, Him you shall hallow.  Let Him be your fear and let Him be your dread.  He will be as a sanctuary, but a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel (Isaiah 8:11-14).

And then He asked me to gather in the various scriptures He had shown me, in a sort of conversational way, and I have obeyed, even as He seemed to be separating them into three categories, and so, that is the way I have collected them here:

·      To the Arrogant Who Know Not What They Do
·      There Is Hope For Those Who Know Not What They Do
·      Comfort For God’s People


Today is Monday, June 16, 2014, and the above guidance was recorded in my journals during October 2008. I will start posting the "downloads" of scripture onto this blog starting tomorrow. As always, these posts are offered to invite comment and feedback. This blog is my effort to provoke civil discourse.

 This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment