Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Acts 3:6
Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”

… Always give the best you have got every time; never think about who you are giving it to -- let other people take it or leave it as they choose…. God grant we may understand that the spring of giving is not impulse nor inclination, but the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. [Ed: wisdom is remembering to consult with God, spreading the matter before Him before following the dictates of of own hearts]... I give because Jesus Christ tells me to…

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 169 (6/18)
From Studies in the Sermon on the Mount

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment