Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Gathering in Christ



John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one if born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Every man has need of new birth. The concept of new birth in the New Testament is not a concept of something that springs out of us, but of something that enters into us. Our new birth is the birth of the life of the Son of God into our old human nature, and our human nature has to be transfigured by the indwelling life of the Son of God. It is not that God patches up my natural virtues, but that I learn by obedience to make room for Jesus Christ to exhibit His disposition in me. It is impossible to imitate the disposition of Jesus. Am I becoming the birthplace of the Son of God, or do I only know the miracle of God’s changing grace [like the water He changed into wine].

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 133 (5/13)
From The Love of God

This photograph is by Anna Bolton.

No comments:

Post a Comment