Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Contemporary Psalms


1-8-14

My voice in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You and 
I will look up.
Psalm 5:3

Today I have such gratitude for Your help to me, O God, for the advocacy of my doctor's insightful medical care and that he cares for me, tenderly and strongly contending for my well-being. Thank you for some of the  nicest words I have ever heard, for rolling away the tombstone that was not too hard for You but was unbudge-able by me. You have shown me that you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, especially that which is cloaked in loveliness and all kinds of vain glory-seeking... nor shall evil dwell with You. The boastful shall not stand in Your sight. THank You for showing this to me -- and plainly.

Not that I am perfect or flawless in my human state, but n You I am forgiven and a vessel of mercy instead of wrath. For my sake, You are showing that You will destroy falsehood; that Yu abhor those  who are bloodthirsty and deceitful toward me. Thank You for covering me in the multitude of Your mercies. I am so grateful for Your protection and Your guarding the paths of justice and for Your preservation of me through such stormy seas. You are indeed my shield! And You have assured me,once again, that I am a lily of Your field. Therefore I seek first Your Kingdom and Your righteousness and gratefully receive even succor and encouragement that you have added to my life  this day.

Thank You, thank You, thank You, oh God, that I BELIEVE Your promises and that I understand what belief means now, thanks to You. It used to mean "hoping" but now it means "to know certainly." That knowledge has come only because You have shown so much evidence in my past, even TODAY! You are my shield, under Whom I come into safety like chicks under the wings of a brooding hen. Under wing, I thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit! I thank You for gathering us who are Yours to live under Your wings -- in peace: safe, joyous and free indeed.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.




No comments:

Post a Comment