Thursday, January 2, 2014

Contemporary Psalms


1-2-14

...the rulers take counsel together against the LORD and His anointed, but He who sits in the heavenlies shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath and distress them in His deep displeasure.
Psalm 2:1-6

LORD, thank You, for Your consolations. I truly feel this morning that You have addressed me personally, that You saw me cast down and that You ran to me and set me onto on my feet, It is an amazing thing to be Your lamb, oh God, covered by the Blood of Christ, to be indwelt by Your Holy Spirit, in Christ who came transformed me from my darkened condition into a New VCreation in Christ who You have named "Mine."

So, LORD I say "HERE!" as I lay my burdens at Your feet, wrapped in lovely blankets, I say, "Here! Take them! Wake them!" In the meantime, help me accept the fact that darkness does indeed hate the light and to remember Joseph, who was so hated by his brothers, and to remember that You Yourself was cruelly persecuted and reviled. I hear You saying that You are working it all to good and that no agony on earth can approach the Agony You suffered on the Cross. I am to forgive, as You did, for they do not know what they are doing and walk away saying, "My God will handle this." I know that You will, even that You are! And I thank You for revealing that, though they think is all about me, it is all about You. So I stand, rebuking the spirit of Cain, declaring that Your name for me is "Mine," and proclaiming that, therefore, no weapon formed against me shall prosper. In Christ and by Your Holy Spirit I do pray!

This pen and ink drawing was done by my dear friend, Veronica Benning, who allowed me to publish it, with three others, in a book Downloads from God. She called the collection Angelic Host, and the loveliness conveyed by each drawing is bringing me great comfort at the news of her death this Christmas Eve.We are still reeling from this loss, but shofting our focus now to the gift of knowing where she is and it's all good for her now. She is free from pain, free from sorrow, as we will be, too, when we are leave this body to be present with Christ the LORD.





No comments:

Post a Comment