Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-28-13

All the labor of a man is for his mouth, and yet the soul is not satisfied.
Ecclesiastes 6:7

O God, I see that victory lies in learning that one does not live on bread alone. Many have not discovered this, but You have graciously led me to be nourished by Your Bread of Life and to be refreshed by Your Living Waters. And what a difference from the days before You came and plucked me out of the briars and the brambles! Today,  I die and do so gladly in order to live in Christ. It is not me who lives but You, in me, interceding with prayers that are fervent and also righteous in Your sight. In Christ, I cry out for many salvations! For many beloveds! For myself to pray with hope that is confident that You are working all things to good, and that miracles are coming forth that are not yet seen! I commit my heart to laboring in You and inviting You increase in me! And I thank You, God, for granting me such gratifying work, such freedom and purpose, such joy no matter what the circumstances.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Life With God In It.

No comments:

Post a Comment