Monday, August 26, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-26-13

Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come to You. Do not hide Your face from me in my day of trouble. Incline Your ear to me... I am like a pelican of the wilderness, for I have eaten ashes like bread and mingled my drink with weeping...
Psalm 102:1-11

O Holy God, the only hope for any of us is to belong to You in Christ, living by Your Holy Spirit in this broken world. Thank You for revealing this and our need for You, for Heavenly Help; thank You for pursuing us and meeting us at the perfect time in the midst of our anguish at realizing that life is tragic and unredeemable without You.

Thank You that You are able to reveal our need for Life perfectly clear and perfectly timed. In our most desperate need, You hear our slightest whimpers, and You draw nigh. Breathe through this frightening squall, I pray, that many may see You as the Lifeboat that is unsinkable, and climb into Your Arm, into the haven they need.

Thank You, in advance, for this is a raging fire, and hellacious, but for You, O LORD, Who alone can turn tragedy into triumph and bondage into the barrier-breaking Love of God. Amen!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment