Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-25-13

For He established a testimony in Jacob... that they should make them known to their children... that they may set their hope in God and 
not forget the works of God...

Psalm 78:6-7

God, it is my experience, strength, and hope to know that You have broken through me enemies like a breakthrough of water (1 Chronicles 14:11). Therefore, I play music before You and sing with all my might to give You thanks and praise; therefore I honor You; therefore I tell of Your works to an unbelieving generation who seem to have turned back and refuse to consult with You, oh God. Forgive them,for they know not what they do!  I was like that once, but in Your Mercy, You  gently lifted the veils from my spiritual eyes. Do this for them, I pray with all my might. I beg You to come to them, cause them as You caused me to hear You and heed Your counsel and become wise. In the coming days, may they learn to lean, not on their own understandings, but in all their ways acknowledge You, so that You will direct their paths.

Therefore I open my mouth in parables; I will tell of Your strength and the wonderful things You have done, even in my little life, even for little old ordinary me. In the Bible, many were saved by Your mighty acts, oh God, but also, many refused or rebelled. Korah comes to mind, as does the population other than Noah's family and, later, Lot's wife. So many, Lord, that I pray Your Mercy to open the eyes of their hearts. This I pray with all my might, thanking You even now for Your Amazing Grace!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment