Friday, June 14, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-14-13

Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? 
You follow me."
John 21:22

Thank You, LORD, for the life of our brother Jay and for all the encouragement he brought. It is a great comfort to know that he has stepped into Your Fullness of Light, into Life Eternal, and that for him it's all good from now on and that his suffering is over. I pray for his beloveds who are left behind, and ask You will caress them with comfort as they grieve their mortal loss. I pray they will rise up afterwards, assured and strengthened in knowledge that is sure that the battle has been won.

It may be that I will awake one day a widow, too, I pray to have the blessing that this dear family has -- the knowledge that Your Lambs are Your Lambs because of Your Lamb who was slain for us and who rose from the dead. Oh Lamb of God, be made manifest, I pray. Be made known to those for who we pray -- Your salvation, oh Savior; Your lordship oh Lord! Amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment