Saturday, May 18, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-18-13

How can you believe, who receive honor from one another and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
John 5:44

Dear Lord, I bring You something I fear: my EGO, which, You have taught me, stands for Easing God Out. I recognize and rebuke EGO at this time, Lord, and ask You to lead me where You would have me to walk, and that I will gladly follow. I confess to You what You already know, oh God: I am afraid. Maybe it is You beckoning; maybe it is not. You have told me, "When in doubt, don't." This has been good guidance, and I need to do that "don't thing" right now.  I know You already know all this, Lord, yet You tell me to bring it all to You and leave it at Your feet. Thank You for Your Blessed Assurance that I will know what I need to know when I need to know it. And that, for now, that "don't thing" is the right thing to do... another paradox!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life In Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment