Friday, May 10, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-10-13

He hath said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

Lord, I know it's right to talk with You about the trouble, the people, and far better to talk with You than to reason with them. Thank You for the practice in leaving matters entirely in Your Hands, for You know the hearts, and only You know how best to proceed. Entrusting matters to You has increased my ability to trust in You. So I thank You for another opportunity to practice.

Therefore I embrace all troubles as opportunities to You and to Your loving care, which ends up replacing "mere happiness" with JOY. I don't know WHY, but I know THAT  despair brings me to the end of my rope, Lord, and it is then that I give up and let go saying, "I can't God can, I need to let Him.." For me, learning has been a frightening and often embarrassing process. And it still is. But the difference is that I know now that Your Fruit is borne this way -- fruit that is beyond price. 

Therefore, as I stand alongside, I intercede with confidence because it takes one to know one, and I have been there, done that, and I still do, daily. My hope in You is confident, Lord, for I know that fruit You bloom grows in paradoxical soil: the cost is great, and there is joy in the MOURNING!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment