Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

3-12-13

Love endures long and is patient and kind... it takes no account of the evil 
done to it -- pays no attention to a suffered wrong.
1 Corinthians 13:4-5


O Lamb of God, slain for me and for many, indeed for all mankind, thank You for leading me out into the SAFETY of Your care, thank You for hand-feeding me and giving me sips of Living Water. Your nurture has made it possible for me to show love when someone is ignoring You or dismissing Your guidance through circumstances or events. Thank You for revealing to me why I feel scared when someone is oblivious to Your Way. I get scared because arrogance, though it be unwitting, flies a person way staright into the sun, which is where "wings" melt, and flyers fall into oblivion.

The oblivious fall into oblivion! Therefore intercede for one who is oblivious, remembering that I too was oblivious once, and You let me fall into oblivion, but then, You came and arose in me, and stood me up amid the ashes to encourage others that with You all things are possible. Therefore I pray for these falling ones, Lord, that You will again reveal and heal, that even one who is ever so slightly seeking You will meet You up close and personal, and see, and cease from flying ever closer to the sun. I thank You, right now, for revealing Yourself that the true Son, our true  destination, the one Way that is safe and joyful and free. Thank You, Lord, for already showing me that You not only able, but also entirely willing to perform Your Will, though I be the only one praying...

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment